Our August meeting is taking place this Saturday! We have a special guest: Laura Collins. She’s going to teach us all how to sketch stitch applique – a very easy, modern approach to machine applique.
This meeting will be in the classroom (downstairs in a separate building for newbies), so you won’t have to lug your sewing machines up the stairs. Bonus: It’s air conditioned!
Here’s the list of things you should bring:
- Your sewing machine, set up with dark thread, and your regular piecing foot
- Fabric scissors (pinking shears are very helpful if you have them)
- Craft/paper scissors. You’ll be cutting paper templates, so you don’t want to dull your good fabric scissors.
- Background fabric and fabric scraps. Having options is nice, but you don’t need to bring a lot. You can still practice the technique with even a few scraps.
The guild will provide the following, but it would be helpful to bring your own (no waiting for resources!)
- Tear-away stabilizer, such as Sulky Tear Easy
- A glue stick
- Freezer paper
- Craft paintbrushes (like the kind you get in the kids section, usually $1 for 3-5 of them)
Looking forward to seeing lots of smiling faces on Saturday!